Our response to the Caronavirus Emergency
Since we supply eyeglasses and contact lenses, which are classified as medical devices, we are open on a limited basis, and may reduce hours. We will limit the number of people in store to one (or two if they come together).
We are available for eyeglass repairs and replacement, and contact lens supply replenishment. We also have Smart Exam which uses telemedicine to renew contact lens prescriptions and prescribe eyeglasses.
If you run out of contact lenses, or have eyeglasses in genuine need of repair or replacement, call the store. Leave a message if nobody answers. We'll make arrangements for you to replenish your contact lenses or repair or replace your eyeglasses.
Our contact lens and stock eyeglass lens distributors are still taking orders and shipping. Some of the custom lens laboratories we use are still open so we can get progressive lenses as well.
Contact lens prescriptions can be renewed via Smart Exam which uses telemedicine to have a remote ophthalmologist write the prescription renewal. Eyeglass prescriptions can be provided using the same system. We will not be able to do any new contact lens fittings.
We will be operating on reduced hours, and we intend to maintain social distancing, so be sure to call ahead to find a time when we can see you.
Please call ahead to arrange a time that we can accommodate you.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Prescription Safety Eyewear Meeting ANSI Z87.1 Standard
Safety eyewear is an important piece of safety equipment and is required gear in manufacturing and construction.
Important Reasons To Provide Prescription Safety Eyewear To Your Employees:
- Significant OSHA fines have been imposed on businesses where safety violations found. All you need is one whistleblower or disgruntled employee to get an inspection by OSHA. If you are in compliance, you'll have nothing to worry about.
- Employees are more likely to be compliant when the eyewear is comfortable and in their prescription. Goggles over glasses are uncomfortable and employees frequently and conveniently forget to use them.
- Employees that see well are more accurate, make fewer mistakes, and have fewer accidents. Safety eyewear, properly fit, and in the employees Rx will give them the best vision. Goggles over glasses introduce smudges and reflections which reduce accuracy and safety.
- Job site injuries upset workflow and reduce productivity. You may have to dispatch several people to seek medical attention for a single worksite eye injury.
- Injured workers will need recuperation time, and may need to be replaced. Replacement and training can be a significant burden. And injury claims may affect your disability insurance rating.
Trades That Benefit From A Safety Eyewear Program
Prescription Safety Frames From:
- On Guard
Safety Eyewear Available in:
- Single Vision
- FT28 Bifocals
- FT 7x28 Trifocals
- Progressives (Most popular brands & designs)
- Double Segs (for overhead work)
Lens Treatments & Add-Ons
- Transitions XTra Active
- Transitions Vantage (polarized)
- Private Label Multicoat Anti-Reflective Coating
- Crizal Avance Anti-Reflective Coating
- Basic Scratch Resistant Coating Included
Get Your Business On A Safety Eyewear Program
Large or small, we can tailor a safety eyewear program for your business so that you can enjoy the benefits of better worker vision & eye safety.
If you are large enough, we can travel to your business for fitting & dispensing. If you have wi-fi available, we can do on-site prescription updates. We can provide comprehensive eye examinations in our office.
Call: 718 738-3700